by Robert Bailey
Overall Print Size: 33;" x 20;"
Edition Size: 180
April 10th 1945. Oberleutnant Walter Schuck of JG-7 (206 victories) boldly attacked a B-17 formation southeast of Berlin and was in turn shot down by fighter escort pilot Lieutenant Joseph A. Peterburs of the 20th Fighter Group's 55th Fighter Squadron – the 'Fighting Fifty-Fifth.' In "ESCORT FURY" Oberleutnant Schuck has ejected the canopy of his Me262 and, fighting the fierce slipstream, is levering himself up prior to parachuting away from his stricken aircraft. Lieutenant Peterburs was also shot down this day and taken prisoner, but escaped and fought with the Russians until the end of the war.
In addition to the artist, each print in this very small run of prints was individually signed in pencil by EIGHT World War II pilots:
- Oberleutnant Walter Schuck (Me-262 pilot)
- Lieutenant Joseph A. Peterburs (attacking Mustang pilot)
- S/Sgt W. BUSCHMEIER (waist gunner on 'Miss Irish')
- Lieutenant Norm Achen (Mustang pilot)
- Oberleutnant Kurt Schulze (Me-109 pilot)
- Captain Ron Nash (B-17 pilot)
- Everett ‘Bud’ Miller (P-38 pilot - 5 Air-to-Air Victories)
- Robert Winks (P-51 pilot - 5.5 Air-to-Air Victories)
- Lew Maynard (P-47 pilot, Air Sea Rescue Squadron)
Comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.